26 Haziran 2013 Çarşamba

THE POLICE HAS BEATEN A 13 YEARS OLD

Derya Agdogdu, the mother of 13-year old Ayhan Aydogdu who was taken into custody during Dikmen demonstrations declared that she didn’t hear about her son for 1.5 hours while she called the Police Department 4 times and she was told that “your son is not under custody”. Aydogdu explained that her son who has a learning disorder and goes to a rehabilitation center was kicked inside the “Scorpion” vehicle and was beaten. Derya Aydogdu told us what she went through that night:

I lost my children: We were always participating in demonstrations in Dikmen. They were eventless. We participated with my two sons. They were with me. There was a sudden intervention. I lost my children. Then I only found my older son. He was sprayed with water from a TOMA. He said he had burns on his body and face. While we were attending him, we were unfortunately not able to find Alperen.

Beating in “Scorpion”: They took my son inside the “Scorpion” vehicle beating ruthlessly and swearing. They also took another 45-50 year old lady into custody and kept battering in the “Scorpion”. They swore with unimaginable words. Such as: “You tell us you are Mustafa Kemal’s soldiers. Ask Mustafa Kemal to come and rescue you from us”. Police tried to have the lady kiss the police sign on his collar. When she didn’t want to kiss, they continued beating her up.

I called 4 times and they said he was not there: When I called the police department they told me that they took 4 adults in custody and there was no child. I called the police 4 times. Then somebody called me and said “I have video proof that your son is under custody”. I went and looked at the videos and called the police department back. I said “where is my child”. They told me “Miss, what was your son doing at that time at that place”

I couldn’t reach him for 1.5 hours: My son was taken into custody at 3:30am. I didn’t hear from him for 1.5 hours. I was able to find my son finally through Muharrem Ince. Then they brought my son to Dikmen police department. They didn’t let Ince in. They didn’t even let him stand in front of the door. He was taken to the children’s department from the police department. Then he was taken to the prosecutor. They treated a 13-year old literally as a terrorist. They asked questions including the text on his t-shirt. We will never let this go and we will file a complaint.

Report from Hacettepe: Obviously we weren’t aware of the beating. My son didn’t tell me to not make me sad. The lady whom they took in with told me. “look at your son’s head” she said. “they beat the kid up”. My son has kick marks on his legs, his head is swollen, as is his neck. They kicked him. Medical affairs as usual gave a clean bill of health. We got the battery report from Hacettepe hospital. The first hospital we went, Numune Hospital, also didn’t find it appropriate to give us a report.

He cannot forget: Alperen does not feel well now. He cannot forget what he had been through. He was affected by what happened to the lady and that she was beaten up in front of him. He tells me that they hit his legs with their boots. When they were beating, they said “we are the grandchildren of the Ottoman Empire.


http://www.cumhuriyet.com.tr/?hn=424842&kn=7&ka=4&kb=7

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder